Located on Rt. 23 at the Franklin-Delaware County line, the Brown Fruit Farm was a destination especially in the fall from 1912 until 1958. It extended from Rt. 23 to the Olentangy River with 100 acres in orchards and over 50 varieties of apples. Cherries, plums and honey were also available. Some of the land was settled by Joseph and Sally Pool, early 1800’s pioneers. Highbanks Metro Park occupies some of that land today.
Photo from Brownie Cellar’s memories published in The Brown Fruit Farm.